ONLINE APPLICATION FOR RECRUITMENT INTO THE FEDERAL TEACHER’S SCHEME (FTS) FOR 2020/2021 SERVICE PERIOD.
The Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) has commenced recruitment into the Federal Teacher’s Scheme (FTS) for 2020/2021 periods. The Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) is a Federal Government Agency which is responsible for Federal Teacher’s Recruitment happening in Nigeria.
The Federal Teacher’s Scheme (FTS) is a two-year intervention programme which was established by the Federal Government in 2006 to assist States in addressing teachers shortage at the basic education level.
Being a teacher is one of the jobs with the greatest degree of responsibility, because being a teacher is not only training individuals, but also, in a certain way, shaping the society of tomorrow.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for recruitment into the Federal Teacher’s Scheme (FTS) for 2020/2021 service period.
Only candidates who fulfill the following conditions need to apply:
- Bachelor degree in Education or Bachelor degree with Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), of not lower than Second Class (Lower Division) and not earned earlier than 2014.
- Must have completed or exempted from the NYSC Scheme.
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with credit passes in Teaching Practice and the Teaching Subjects, and not earned earlier than 2014, with specialization in any of the following subjects:
- English Language
- Integrated Science
- Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Agricultural Science
- Home Economics
- Computer Science
- Technical/Technology Education
- Computer Science or Information Technology
- Nigerian Languages
- Physical and Health Education
- Not more than 35 years of age.
- Not currently employed or enrolled under NYSC, NPower or any similar programme.
The service period is for two (2) years or as may be determined by the Universal Basic Education Commission.
The Federal Government shall pay each participant an allowance of N30,000.00 per month.
AREAS/REGIONS EXPECTED TO BE POSTED TO AS A SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT FOR FEDERAL TEACHERS RECRUITMENT.
Before applying for the Nigerian Federal Teachers Recruitment, bear it in mind that you might be posted to rural or urban areas as slated by the State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB).
- Schools identified through UBEC quality assurance to be without teachers.
- Schools in internally displaced persons camp.
- Nomadic schools.
- Almajiri schools.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application Form shall be completed online. Interested candidates who fulfill the above listed eligibility criteria should visit this site for completing and submitting their application Forms online. Candidates will be required to upload their credentials (as listed on the site) together with their most recent passport photograph.
The portal for application shall be open for two (2) weeks, from 10th-24th September,2020.
There will be no extension.
All enquiries relating to the online application should be directed to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and +2347036662931.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a Computer-Based Test as scheduled below:
DATE: Saturday,10th October, 2020
VENUE: At designated CBT Centre in each State Capital (Information on this will be provided by the State Universal Basic Education Boards (SUBEBS) and UBEC Zonal and State Offices)
TIME: 9.00 am
Enquiries about the Scheme should be directed to: 08033109307, 08033364779, and 08036014258.